WHY SELECT A BOYS DEVELOPMENTAL TUMBLING PROGRAM OVER OTHER SPORTS PROGRAMS?
Because it is a fact:
1.Tumbling and dance provide a variety of physical challenges that encourage the development of agility, flexibilty,balance and coordination.
2.Tumbling and dance are based upon control of the body, as well as the timing, positioning, balance and coordination of movement that defies gravity.
3.In tumbling and dance, the motor and sensory systems in the body are provided an excellany opportunity to develop basic functional relationships that carry throughout adulthood.
4.Tumbling and dance students are more aware of their body as an extension of their minds.
5.Tumbling and dance training allows for basic movement sequences to develop and be stored for later activities such as competitive sports. Competitive sports programs do not take the time to perfect movement sequences with every child. This is why some will always sit the bench while other play.
6. Tumbling and dance allows for motor programming of two or more muscles at a time giving the athlete simultaneous control of two or more actions. Tumbling and dance ARE athletic and are considered sports.
7. The motor programming that a person receives up to age 10 years is the level that most experts believe is carried throughout adulthood. How well they balance on a log at age 10 years will be the how well they can balance on a log in adulthood. More balance is obtained after age 10 years, but as we age and start loosing balance skills, some kinetic specialists believe you only loose back down to age 10 years.
8. Today, athletes study dance as part of their training for several sports. Over the years, dance forms have been adapted and integrated into training for a variety of sports. Dance has been an important part of gymnastics and figure skating for years, but in the 1980's, football, basketball, skiing and diving teams began to study dance disciplines and to recognize them as an important part of training programs.
9. Professional dance companies have featured popular sports stars in their productions. World-class athletes such as Olympic gold medalist diver Greg Louganis, basketball star, Michael Jordan, professional football players such as Heisman trophy winner Herschel Walker and former Chicago Bears player Willie Gault have studied and been featured with professional dance companies.
10. In the past two years, a collegiate study was conducted in California as to who was stronger. Athletes or dancers? Dancers each time stood out as the strongest in being measured up against collegiate athletes.
The facts state the obvious. Developmental tumbling and dance training beats ALL OTHER sports programs hands down for children ages 2-12 years of age. Development specialists state that a program offering skipping, jumping, hopping, balancing, throwing and rhythmic movements should be chosen over competitive programs for ages 2-10 years of age.
Want to give your child an edge over the other athletes later or just in life general? Then highly consider registering into a dance and or tumbling program right away.